N-LIST E-resources access notice
All the faculty, research scholars, staffs and students are hereby notified that to download and utilize the E-journals, E-books under National Library and Information Service (N-LIST), they must come to college library to collect User Id and Password from 16/04/2021 to 30/04/2021. For only those who have membership cards.
Library Membership Notice for BMLT Students under VU.
The newly admitted BMLT students (Session 2020-2021) under Vidyasagar University are hereby notified that they can fill up their Library Membership Form by visiting the website of “Midnapore City College Library” by using their Unique Registration ID. After the fill up, they must submit the forms along with the documents mentioned in the membership form to Midnapore City College Library from 05/04/2021 to 17/04/2021. Who have collected library cards can ignore this.
The Central Library normally provides library facilities to all employees and students of the institute. Details categorization and rules are mentioned below:
- Students of Midnapore City College;
- Faculties of Midnapore City College;
- Employees of Midnapore City College;
- Research Scholars of Midnapore City College;
- Institutional Members;
- Outside Individuals
Membership form is to be collected from the Circulation Counter at Central Library. A filled-in form is to be submitted along with the Admission receipt (for students) / joining report (for employees of M.C.C) and one stamp size photograph at the counter.
Only registered members can borrow general books, except the books marked for Reading and Reference purpose against their borrowers cards as per their entitlement as specified against their categories.
|Categories||No. of books||Duration|
|Faculty members||5||30 days|
|Faculty members (Contract)||2||5 days|
|Non Teaching Staff||3||30 days|
|Non Teaching Staff (Contract)||2||15 days|
Overdue charges and Fines
A borrowed book should be returned within the due date, otherwise two rupees per day per book will be charged as overdue charge after 15 to 30 days. Rs. 5/- per day per book shall be charged as a overdue charge after 15 to 30 days. The reference text book issued to read in reading room cannot be taken home otherwise the borrower has to give a fine of Rs. 05/- per day. The reference book issued to read in reading room cannot be taken home otherwise the borrower has to give a fine of Rs. 10/- per day. In both cases the membership card of the borrowers shall be suspended.
The borrowing facility may be withdrawn / suspended temporarily until clearance of the overdue charges.
For lost library cards, a duplicate library card may be issued on the basis of application supported with an FIR lodged in local police station along with a voucher of Rs.100/- deposited at the college cash counter.
Library card must be renewed within the due date(specified in the library card) otherwise the borrower has to give a fine of Rs. 50/- deposited at the college cash counter.
For lost library books, the user has to bring it to the notice of the circulation staff immediately to get relief from paying the delay fine from the date of application and to take the following actions whichever is permissible as per library rules:
- Replace a new copy (latest edition) of the lost book along with a processing charge of Rs. 100/-.
- If the (lost) book is not available in the market, pay the latest available price along with Rs. 100/- as processing charge.
Renewal of books
For renewal, a user has to bring books to the circulation counter. If a borrowed book has not any demand by other users, it may be renewed for consecutively two times. The library has the right to recall any book if the same is required by another user for a long time.
Clearance certificate is issued to the users at the time of final examinations (for students) and at the time of retirement of an college employee as the case may be, after returning all the issued documents clearing all the dues (if any) and surrendering the library membership cards.
Other rules related to the borrowing of books
- Users must check the Accession number(s) of the book(s) issued by them with the printed borrower’s slip(s) before leaving the circulation counters to avoid confusion in future. Any discrepancy will not be considered afterwards.
- Library Membership Cards are not transferable and hence should not be lent to others.
- Users are liable for the damage and loss of books, if any.
- Users should check the physical condition of a book while borrowing the same.
- During power / system failure, the circulations counter services will be suspended.
- No book shall be returned on the day of issue.