N-LIST E-resources access notice
All the faculty, research scholars, staffs and students are hereby notified that to download and utilize the E-journals, E-books under National Library and Information Service (N-LIST), they must come to college library to collect User Id and Password from 16/04/2021 to 30/04/2021. For only those who have membership cards.
Library Membership Notice for BMLT Students under VU.
The newly admitted BMLT students (Session 2020-2021) under Vidyasagar University are hereby notified that they can fill up their Library Membership Form by visiting the website of “Midnapore City College Library” by using their Unique Registration ID. After the fill up, they must submit the forms along with the documents mentioned in the membership form to Midnapore City College Library from 05/04/2021 to 17/04/2021. Who have collected library cards can ignore this.
RULES AND REGULATIONSMembership
- Only MCC Students, Researchers, Faculty and Staff as registered members are allowed to use the Central Library.
- Members should produce their Library Membership card at the entrance of the Library.
- A duplicate Library Membership card will be issued on payment of Rs.100/-.
- The ex-faculty/staff members may be enrolled as members against a security deposit of Rs. 5000/- (refundable) and registration fee of Rs. 1000/- (non-refundable).
- Some eminent academicians/scholars and other dignitaries may be enrolled as Special members on the recommendations of the Director, MCC only against a security deposit of Rs. 5000/- (refundable) and registration fee of Rs. 1000/- (non-refundable).
- Consultation facility is available for Research Scholars of other Universities/Institutions for a short period.
- The Research Scholars should bring recommendation letter from Supervisor/Guide or letter from the concerned Department/Organization.
- The visiting scholar should bring original and valid photo ID - Passport (Foreign Scholars), and University issued ID (Indian Scholars).
- Books are issued for a fortnight except textbooks which are issued for overnight use only.
- Text books with more than 3copies are checked-out after 2:00 p.m to day-scholars only during the examination period.
- Students can reserve books at the Circulation Counter in case they are already issued.
- Books in demand may not be renewed.
- Readers are responsible for books issued against their names.
- Library reserves the right to recall any issued book even before the due date.
- The material such as rare books, theses, dissertations, loose issues of periodicals etc. marked for consultation shall not be issued.
- Borrowers must satisfy about the physical condition of the books before borrowing otherwise they will be held responsible for any damage later or at the time of return.
Use of computers/laptops
- Computer in the library premises should be used for academic purposes only.
- Online chatting/dating, browsing of social networking sites is strictly prohibited. Strict disciplinary action will be taken against the defaulters.
- Playing games on computers is strictly prohibited in the entire Library premises.
- Readers must carry their Library Membership card while using the Cyber Library. They must show their ID card on demand.
- Readers are not allowed to share their Internet access ID and Password with other students.
- Changing the settings and display of the computers kept in the Library is not permitted.
- Use of laptops in the cubical systems where computers are already installed is not permitted.
- Readers should not remove/unplug computer cables/connections, network cables and other peripherals/accessories in the library.
- Personal keyboard, mouse, etc are not allowed inside the Library.
- Students must take care of their Pen drives, CD/DVD ROMs, mobiles and wallets etc.
General Reading Hall
- The right to use General Reading Hall is exclusively reserved for bonafide members of Central Library, MCC.
- Members should produce their Library Membership card at the entrance.
- Readers should not leave bags/books/copies on the table and cannot claim, capture, and reserve seats for future use.
- The seats are to be used/occupied on the first come first served basis.
- Capturing/reserving seats for friends/future use is strictly prohibited. Other scholars may remove the bags and books if these are left unattended on the tables.
- Readers should not scribble on table tops or damage them.
- Readers should not clutter the table with heaps of books and other reading material.
- Property Counter is available outside the Central Library. The responsibility of the property only goes to the users.
- Readers should observe strict silence inside the Library.
- Use of Mobile phones is not permitted inside the Library premises.
- Users are not allowed to carry eatables/drinks inside the Library premises.
- Library membership card is non-transferable.
- Readers are not allowed to bring their personal books or any printed material (spiral/bound book/photocopied material) inside the Library.
- Personal belongings like bags (laptop, shoulder, and sling), umbrellas, etc. should be deposited at the Property Counter .These are not allowed inside the Library.
- Readers are advised not to leave their valuable items like money, passport, credit card etc. at the Property Counter.
- Marking, scratching, damaging, mutilating, stealing, library materials or property will invite disciplinary action against the defaulters.
- Readers should not carry books from one floor to another and should leave the books on the reading table after consulting.
- Readers should not talk or discuss as they may disturb other readers. Reading halls are meant for individual study and research only.
- Users should not rest or keep their feet on tables, chairs, shelves, etc.
- The library shall not be responsible for any loss or damage of the personal belongings of the users.
- Library staff shall not transmit telephone calls or other personal messages to the readers.
- The Librarian reserves the right to suspend the membership of any member found misbehaving with the library staff or with any other member.
These rules are subject to revision/updation from time to time without assigning any reason. For latest Library rules and regulations, please check Central Library Website.